This website ("Website”) and all materials displayed or accessible through it including but not limited to, text, photographs, images, illustrations, audio and video, computer software and code (“Content”) are protected by copyright and are owned by the Warfield Intellectual Property Trust (WIPT) or by other parties who have given WIPT permission to use the materials for WIPT purposes.
- View Content online
- Print Website pages for non-commercial, personal, educational, and research uses provided that the WIPT and the copyright owner (if different than WIPT) are properly cited as the source.
- Retain and share copies of Content in digital form for non-commercial, personal, educational, and research purposes provided that the author is attributed and WIPT and the copyright owner (if different than WIPT) are properly cited as the source.
Any other uses (including but not limited to commercial, promotional, or administrative uses), reproduction, alteration, modification, public display, uploading or posting onto the internet, transmission, redistribution or any other exploitation of the Website or the Content, whether in whole in in part, are prohibited without prior written permission, which may be withheld or denied.
You Own Your Words
Copyright in Content contributed by registered users in the form of comments, images and similar uploaded material remains the property of the contributor. By uploading content you are providing WIPT with a nonexclusive perpetual license to use your Content for the purposes of WIPT which may include without limitation inclusion of the material on the Website and use by partners including George Mason University and Ajar Publishing.
Personal and Non-Commercial Use Limitation
Unless otherwise specified, access to and use of the Content are for your personal and non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any information, software, products obtained from the Website and/or the Content.
Use by Educational Institutions
Accredited educational institutions, such as K-12, universities, public/private colleges and state community colleges, may download and reproduce the Content for distribution in the classroom. Distribution outside the classroom requires express written permission. Use for any other purpose is expressly prohibited by law and may result in civil or criminal penalties.
Links to the Website
You may create links to this website for non-commercial (personal, educational, and research) purposes only. If you wish to solicit a business relationship with WIPT, you need explicit written permission. While WIPT encourages links to the website, it reserves the right to prohibit or refuse to accept any link to the Website at any time. You agree to remove any link you may have to the Website upon the request of WIPT.
Links from the Website
This website contains links to third-party sites (Third-Party Websites). WIPT provides these links only as a service and convenience to our visitors. We take no responsibility for the content at Third-Party Websites including without limitation any representation or warranty regarding the legality, accuracy, reliability, completeness, timeliness, or suitability of any content on any Third-Party Website. The link to them in no way implies an endorsement or recommendation of the products, services or information found there. WIPT reserves the right to regularly review and re-evaluate any and all links originating from within the Website and reserves the right to terminate any link to Third-Party Websites without prior notification.
Sharing of the Content (embedding)
By using the embedded code to display audio and video Content from the Website the Embeddable Content on Third Party- Websites, you agree to be bound by the following terms:
- All title, ownership rights and intellectual property rights in and to the Embeddable Content, and any code made available by WIPT to embed the Embeddable Content and the embeddable player shall remain the property of WIPT and/or its licensors.
- The Embeddable Content is subject to same terms and conditions described in the “Links to the Website” section above.
- The Embeddable Content is for personal use only and cannot be used in any commercial way. You many not charge visitors any fee for accessing the Embeddable Content, use the Embeddable Content as means to secure advertising, or commercialize the Embeddable Content or embeddable player in any other way.
- You must properly attribute and create a link back to the Website on the pages of the Third-Party Websites where the Embeddable Content is displayed.
- You may not directly or indirectly suggest any endorsement or approval by WIPT of the Third-Party Sites displaying the Embeddable Content or any non-WIPT entity, product or content or any views expressed within Third-Party Sites without WIPT ’s prior written approvals.
- You many not use the Embeddable Content in any way that could bring WIPT into disrepute or otherwise cause any loss or damage to WIPT or to its partners including without limitation Ajar Publishing and George Mason University.
- You acknowledge that WIPT has sole editorial control over the Embeddable Content at all times and it may change or restrict, suspend or terminate any or all Embeddable Content or your access to the Embeddable Content at any time at their sole discretion without liability.
- You acknowledge that the Embeddable Content is made available by WIPT on an “as is” and “as available” basis and that WIPT gives no warranty of any kind in relation to the Embeddable Content, embed code or the embeddable player.
Disclaimer of warranties
The Website and all Content are provided “as is” for information purposes only. By accessing and using the Website you acknowledge and agree that use of the Website and Content is entirely at your own risk. Where use of the Content is critical to scientific investigation, scholarly publication, or policy decisions, you are responsible for verifying the Content against primary data sources. Although WIPT applies the highest standards to Website performance, security, and data quality, WIPT makes no representations or warranties regarding the Website and Content, including, without limitation, no representation or warranty that:
- The Website and/or Content will be accurate, complete, reliable, suitable or timely;
- Any Content, software, product, or service made available through the Website will be of suitable for any particular purpose;
- The operation of the Website will be uninterrupted or error free;
- Defects or errors in the Website will be corrected;
- The Website will be free from viruses or harmful components; and that
- Communications to or from the Website will be secure or not intercepted.
Special Conditions for International Use. Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable Content. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding transmission of data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless WIPT, its officers, directors, employees, partners, agents, licensors, and third party providers to the Website for and against all losses, expenses, damages, and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any violation of these Terms. WIPT reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will fully cooperate with WIPT in asserting any available defenses.