The Warfield IP Trust ("WIPT", "we", "us", "our") recognises the importance of your privacy and is committed to protecting any personal information we collect about you.
For the purposes of this privacy statement, the word "you" includes jnwarfield.com website visitors, registered users and purchasers of WIPT products and services.
The purpose of this privacy statement is to inform you about:
1. What personal information about you is collected by WIPT
2. How the information is used
3. With whom the information may be shared
4. How you can access and change any personal information WIPT holds about you
5. What security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information by WIPT
6. How to contact WIPT
This privacy statement applies to any personal information you provide to us:
- When visiting the WIPT website
- When using WIPT online services
- When entering into an agreement with WIPT
- When you correspond, or communicate with WIPT over the telephone or in any other manner including by letter, facsimile or email
Failure by you to provide personal information when requested by WIPT may mean that we are unable to provide certain services and products to you.
WIPT gathers two types of information about you, namely:
- Aggregated information generated by our systems (or third party systems) to track our website traffic but that which does not identify you personally; and
b. Personal information about you such as your name, address, telephone and facsimile number, email address and in some cases, your billing details.
The type of information that WIPT collects about you is dependent on how you use the services offered on our website and the products and services you are interested in.
Generally, WIPT does not collect 'sensitive information' about you. Sensitive information includes (but is not limited to) information about your race or ethnic origin, your religion and your sexual preferences. WIPT will only collect sensitive information about you in the event that it is necessary for the purpose of providing you with a product or service. In such circumstances, WIPT will only collect sensitive information with your consent unless we are required by law to collect such information from you.
Collection of aggregate data
WIPT collects information on our site visitors collectively, including which sections of the site are most frequently visited, how often and for how long. This data is always used as aggregated, non-personal information. We utilise this information to improve and enhance our services by monitoring the areas on the site which are most popular to you.
WIPT may collect personal information about you when you visit our website and you elect to use our on-line services, when you submit an enquiry or download a file, when you enter into a contract with WIPT and, when you deal with WIPT over the telephone or correspond with WIPT via facsimile, letter or email or any other mode of communication.
Our website may contain links to other websites. WIPT may also collect personal information about you from our third-party service providers.
- How we use your personal information
Your personal information will be used for two primary purposes. First, it will be used to ensure the proper functioning of WIPT products and services to provide the highest level of service. Secondly, your personal information may be used by WIPT for marketing, planning, product development, research, account administration and fraud and crime prevention and investigation.
WIPT may use your personal information for one or more of the following purposes or related purposes:
- to communicate with you, including via email newsletters
- to facilitate and process contracts between yourself and WIPT and/or third parties
- to verify your identity
- to identify the number of people using WIPT website services and establish the nature of their interests
- to respond to enquiries or feedback
- to research and develop existing and new products and services
- to facilitate WIPT registration
- to ensure the proper functioning of WIPT services and products
- to conduct WIPT marketing activities
- to provide you with information about WIPT and its services and products
- where the personal information is to be used by WIPT for the purposes described in section 5 of this privacy statement
- when WIPT is required or authorised by law to disclose the personal information
- when the individual to which the personal information relates specifically consents in writing to the use or disclosure.
From time-to-time WIPT may send e-newsletters and other information to users who have registered on the website to receive such information and offers. Users who no longer wish to receive this information can unsubscribe from the service or change your contact preferences by using the link on the website or by writing to WIPT, by sending an email via our contact form.
WIPT may disclose your personal information to third party contractors who perform services for us including the management and maintenance of our information systems.
WIPT may also disclose your personal information internally for the purposes of marketing, planning, product development, research, account administration and other related purposes and externally for the purposes of fraud and crime prevention and investigation and other related purposes. To perform these activities, WIPT may share your personal information with:
- service providers such as data processing and data analysis agents, printing contractors, customer service organisations, call centres, professional advisors, auditors, delivery companies and mailing organisations
- other organisations as required or authorised by law, for example, to government or regulatory bodies for the prevention or detection of unlawful activities
Where your personal information is passed on to third party contractors, WIPT takes reasonable steps to ensure that these individuals and/or organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
WIPT will not share in part or in full any of the information collected for its operational purpose to any third party marketing organisations.
Other than as outlined above, WIPT will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, authorised or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
WIPT strives to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date at all times.
If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete, or no longer up-to-date, or you wish for your details to be removed, or to change your contact preferences, you may use the link on the website or by sending an email via our contact form.
WIPT takes reasonable steps to protect the security of your personal information.
While WIPT strives to protect such information, we cannot ensure or warrant to you that the security of any information you transmit to us or obtain from our online products or services. Accordingly, use is at your own risk.
Once any personal information comes into our possession, we will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
The WIPT website contains links to other websites. Please note that these links are intended for your convenience only.
Links to third party websites do not constitute endorsement, sponsorship or approval by WIPT of the content, policies or practices of those third-party websites.
If you have any concerns regarding your privacy when visiting a linked third party, you should ensure that you check the privacy statement/policies of those websites.
WIPT will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify any personal information about you once the information is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected or as authorised or required by law.
From time to time, WIPT may make changes to this privacy statement to reflect how we operate our business and to conform the latest government rules and regulations. Accordingly, we encourage you to periodically review this statement to remain informed about how we collect and protect your personal information.
Your continued use of the WIPT website constitutes your acceptance of the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information to the extent outlined in this privacy statement as amended from time to time.
Email: Use this link.
Post: Dan Warfield, Warfield IP Trust, c/o CC&C Europe, Warnford Court, 29 Throgmorton Street, London EC2N 2AT, United Kingdom